




Stephen Frears crafts a taught and compelling film. Caught in the strange limbo of the undocumented alien in London, these characters walk a delicate tightrope as they try to survive in a society which treats them as more of a commodity than individuals. What happens though when the fragile existence is challenged by the knowledge of a crime? What are the challenges faced ethically and morally in the fight to survive under such tenuous circumstances? I really enjoyed this surprising gem that wasn't at all what I expected it to be.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment